Loaded with approximately 37 grams of protein and 16 grams of fiber, these Quesadillas are delicious!
- 16 oz skinless chicken breast
- garlic powder
- salt and fresh pepper
- cooking spray
- 1/2 small onion, cut into strips
- 1 bell pepper (red or green) cut into strips
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1-1/3 cup Weight Watchers Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 cup avocado-mango salsa
- 8 low-carb whole wheat tortillas
1. Slice chicken breast in half so you have 4 cutlets. Season chicken generously with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, and garlic powder.
2. Lightly spray skillet on medium heat with oil and cook chicken until cooked on both sides.
3. Remove from heat and cut chicken into strips (set aside).
4. To the skillet, add 1 tbsp. oil and cook onions and peppers, season with salt and pepper.
5. Cook about 2 minutes, add garlic and continue cooking until vegetables are soft (be careful not to burn the garlic!).
6. Heat another skillet on medium heat and lightly spray with oil.
7. Add tortilla, top with cheese, chicken, onions, peppers, and pico de gallo or avocado-mango salsa.
8. Top with the other tortilla. Cheese should be melted and the bottom of the tortilla should be golden brown.
9. Put a plate on top of the quesadilla to flip it over onto the plate. Then slide the other side onto the skillet. Cook another minute and remove with a spatula.
10. Cut into wedges and enjoy!
Recipe from: skinnytaste
Labels: Chicken Quesadilla, Clean Eating Recipes, Lisa Decker recipes, Successfully Fit