2 Ingredient Banana Bread Cookies

Lately, I've been into searching for some clean eating treats.  My main reason for doing this is because I'd like to be able to give my girls a treat that isn't loaded with sugar and other unknown ingredients.  I came across these Banana Bread Cookies.  They are all natural, They were labeled as breakfast cookies, but I think they can be enjoyed at any time of the day!  They only have two ingredients but there are several "add-in" options.  Be cautious of what, and how much you add in because the nutrition content will change.  As always, this is a "treat."  This isn't something to make and have on hand all of the time. 
 
 
Ingredients:
 
* 2 bananas
* 2 cups rolled oats (you can use Gluten Free Oats if you want to make the cookie Gluten Free)
 
* The possibilities are endless, but here are several optional of add-ins:
** dark chocolate chips (shown in picture)
** peanut butter chips
**vanilla extract
** vanilla beans
** raisins
** chopped walnuts, almonds, or pecans
 
 
Directions:
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
2. Place oats in blender or food processor (I used my Shakeology blender) and blend until the oats become the consistency of flour. 
3. Mash two bananas (I ended up blending the bananas too) and combine the bananas and oats in a large bowl.  Stir until smooth.
4. If doing so, add a 1/2 cup of an add-in of your choice; I used mini dark chocolate chips and a teaspoon of vanilla extract.  (I wasn't thinking, since they were mini chocolate chips I should have used 1/4 cup.  They came out a little chocolaty).
5. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray.  Drop the mixture by large tablespoons onto the pan.  You can flatten the cookies a bit using a spatula for more of a "cookie" look. 
6. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until cookies are set.  Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.  
 
Makes approximately 12-16 cookies.  
(My 2 and 3 year old devoured one as soon as they came out of the oven!)
 
The cookies can be stored in a covered container for a few days or can even be frozen and reheated.  They taste delicious when warmed a bit! 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 
Recipe Source: Ambitious Kitchen
 
 
 
 


Labels: , , , , , ,