I absolutely LOVE granola bars; but, if you don't already know this, granola bars aren't exactly that good for you. I came across this recipe from a friend and gave it try. I had to admit, I ate one as soon I took it out of the oven! They were simple to make and now I have a crunchy snack to eat with my yogurt during lunch for the entire week! You have to try these!
- 3 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup applesauce (I used cinnamon applesauce)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup 85% dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 by 8 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree, applesauce, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour the mixture over the oats and stir well, until all of the oats are moist.
- Stir in the dark chocolate and almonds.
- Evenly press the oat mixture into the pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. The pumpkin keeps the bars moist, so make sure they are golden and set.
- Remove them from oven and let cool for approximately 5 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into bars. Remove from pan and let cool completely.
- Makes 8-10 granola bars.