This is a FANTASTIC way to prepare your sweet potatoes, especially on Thanksgiving. While you focus on the Turkey and other side dishes, your sweet potatoes can be cooking in the crockpot!
- 2 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup apple juice (NO SUGAR ADDED - 100% JUICE)
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- Pecans (optional)
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes and place them in the slow cooker.
- Add 1/2 cup of the apple juice as well as the spices.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours, until the potatoes are tender.
- Once potatoes are fully cooked, use a hand blender to mix the sweet potatoes inside the slow cooker. While doing so, add the other 1/2 cup of juice. You can season with more cinnamon and nutmeg. If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can mix a dab of honey or maple syrup as well.
- Top with pecans.
- Serve and enjoy!