Holiday Gifts for our "Fit Friends"


So how is the holiday shopping coming?  I can proudly say that with the exception of getting one gift card, I am good to go! I even have almost everything wrapped!!  Are you jealous?! Don't worry if you aren't done yet, you still have plenty of time.  On a side note: I am NEVER this far ahead.  I'm the type who doesn't usually finish shopping and wrapping until a couple days before Christmas.  This year I decided to do about 95% of my shopping online, so I had a game plan over Thanksgiving weekend and clicked away!  I wanted to make sure everything I wanted was delivered in time. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on one more delivery that got delayed due to the weather.

Okay so enough about me and my Christmas shopping.  Does anyone out there have some friends or family members who are really into health and fitness?  Do you have someone on your list who has recently started their health and fitness journey?  Or maybe you have a friend who has already made the proclamation of making that New Years Resolution of losing weight, and getting healthy and fit.  In any case, I have compiled a list of must have items for anyone who is looking to make and/or continue a healthy lifestyle change!

1. Heart Rate Monitor / Calorie Counter
* I have the polar FT4 with the chest strap.  I bought it over the summer and wear it during my workouts every day.  I love that it keeps track of my heart rate while I am working out and then tells me how many calories I burned, as well as how many minutes it took.  I find myself pushing hard each day wanting to get my heart rate higher and burn more calories than the day before.  

2. Workout Mat
* For those who do home workouts, having a mat to exercise on is very beneficial.  It provides you with cushion if you work out on a hard surface, and it also protects your floors.  I went all summer without one and ended up ruining my basement carpeting.  There is a section that is completely worn down and faded.  I purchased 2 sets of Gold's Gym Puzzle Mats and it provides the perfect amount of space for workouts like Insanity, TurboFire, T25, or even floor exercises like Yoga and Pilates.  

3. Workout Gear
*Whether you are going to the gym or working out at home, who doesn't love wearing something cute that you feel great in!  I am a fan of Under Armor and Nike workout gear because it is comfortable and allows me to move around easily and comfortably.  You don't have to spend the ridiculous prices at some sporting goods stores, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and even Ross Dress for Less has great deals on workout clothes! 



4. New Shoes
* Who doesn't LOVE a new pair of shoes!  Investing in a good pair can prevent serious injury and maximize progress!  I currently work out in a pair of Nike Flex trainer shoes and absolutely love them!  They are light weight and fit comfortably on my feet.   


5. A Clean Eating Book - The Eat Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno
* For those who are really looking to eat clean and make that lifestyle change, this is a great way to start.  There are many versions of "clean eating" on the internet.  Tosca Reno does a great job at
explaining what AND why you should eat certain foods.  This was the first purchase I made once I made the commitment.

6. Clean Eating Magazine
* A magazine for Christmas?  Why not?!  You could purchase one at the store to use as a stocking stuffer, or you could purchase a yearly subscription. This magazine is full of WONDERFUL tips and recipes, tips, and tools to help with a healthy lifestyle.

7. Shakeology
* Ok so now you probably think I am crazy!  Seriously though, this would make an AWESOME gift! It is a wonderful feeling to  invest in your (or someone else's) health!  One bag of this will help you, your friend or family member gain energy, reduce cravings, lose weight, and regulate digestion, not to mention the packed vitamins and nutrients to boost your immune system, which is especially helpful at this time of year.  Oh yea and it's absolutely delicious!  It's all in how you make, which is something that I can help with! Are you worried that your gift recipient won't like it?  No worries, Shakeology comes with a 30 day Bottom of the Bag guarantee.  That means it can be returned for a full refund is need be! You should definitely consider giving the long term gift of health. 

8. A New Fitness Program
* So if you follow me on Facebook or on my blog, you probably have seen that a brand spanking new workout was just released!  P90X3!  I am so excited because I  just got an email today telling me mine has been shipped!  P90X3 is for both beginning and advanced ability levels.  It's great because it consists of all 30 minute workouts.  And no, you don't have to do P90X or P90X2 in order to get the third.  It is a completely different program. Since it was just released, there are special December promotions that you can take advantage of as well.   Not a fan of getting P90X3?  Don't worry, there are a ton of options out there.  Shaun T's Focus T25 consists of 25 minute workouts and Chalene Johson's TurboFire workout is like having a dance party while you work out!  In any case, you can contact me for the numerous options that you have if you are looking in to purchasing a fitness program.  

Oh and if you decide to purchase both a fitness program and Shakeology, you will get a discount! Bonus!  Plus, I am beginning a New Year New You support and accountability group beginning January 6, 2014.  The group will run for 60 days in a closed Facebook group, which means anyone can participate from the comfort of their home! I will provide the members with support, motivation, accountability, plus meal planning, recipes and tips to staying healthy!

Feel free to contact me at lisamariedecker@yahoo.com if you have any questions or need any help! 


I wish you a safe, healthy, and happy holiday season and hope that you get the gift of health and fitness for your loved ones!




Labels: , , , , , , ,