P90X3 Progress Update and Meal Plan

Good Morning! My family has had a rough week.  I've got a 2 and 3 year old with pneumonia!  It's terrible!  Needless to say, I have been stuck in my house all week and had some time to do early meal planning.  Better yet, the grocery shopping is even done!

So here is the scoop on my meal plan....

Like usual, I am sticking to my "go-to" snacks with a slight addition.  In order to get some protein, as well as veggies, I've been incorporating egg white omelets into my meal plan about every other day.  I recently read about the health benefits of spinach and figured I'd give it a try on my omelet.  I used to turn my nose up at spinach (which my husband still does) so I wasn't sure how it would go.  To my surprise, it was delicious!  I have now included that as part of my omelets throughout the week.  And as usual, since this Italian has GREATLY cut out her bread intake, I always enjoy my piece of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel Bread. On a side note, last week we had fish tacos.  I usually have a small bowl of chopped lettuce as a topping but this time I made it spinach.  I was curious to see if the hubby would notice.  And guess what?!  Unless he reads this blog, he still doesn't know that he ate it! Hehe  He even took leftovers (including the spinach topping) in his lunch the following day!  Another favorite snack of mine is a peanut butter banana roll up.  It really hits the spot for me and it so simple to make!  It is my number one snack choice if I am going to be eating in the car.  All it is is a tablespoon of All Natural Peanut Butter, 1/2 banana (sometime I do a full banana), and a 100% whole wheat/whole grain tortilla.  Simply delicious!

And we can't forget my typical lunch: Plain Greek yogurt, drizzle of honey, and occasionally 1/4 cup of homemade granola. I paired it with an apple the other day too!  After I took the picture I decided to chop up the apple and mix it in. Again, delicious!



So here you have it....this week's P90X3 workout and meal plan schedule!  I'm trying out a new garlic and lemon chicken recipe on Monday, as well as a new salmon recipe on Tuesday!  I don't like to post recipes until I've tried them first. Last night I tried out a cod recipe, which I was super excited about, and it was a complete bust.  I couldn't even finish it, that's how bad it was!  Needless to say, I didn't add it to my blog.  With the exception of new recipes that I still need to try, all of my snack ideas, Shakeology recipes, and dinner recipes can be found under the Clean Eating Recipes tab at the top of the page. 



























As you can see, I am still incorporating my daily dose of Chocolate Shakeology for breakfast each day.  I seriously can not go a day without it!  I have been drinking it every single day for about 7 months now.  I truly feel like it gets me going in the mornings and I LOVE that I have the perfect back up meal when I need it.  My  next shipment of Shakeology will be shipped out next week and I seriously CAN NOT wait!  I sampled the new whey protein Strawberry Shakeology last week and loved it!  I ended up switching my next order to the triple combo box (chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry) but have a feeling that I am going to be purchasing a 30 day supply bag of just strawberry as well.  If you are thinking about giving Shakeology a try or would like some more information, feel free to contact me at lisamariedecker@yahoo.com.



Now on to my workout schedule....

I have just about finished Week 3 of P90X3.  I am following the Lean schedule and the first 3 weeks consisted of the same workouts.  With my little ones being sick, I slacked a bit and took that time to cuddle and comfort.  Getting up early wasn't an option because I had at least one sick kid in bed with me each night/morning and you better believe that they know as soon as I move and try to get up!  I'm human and it happens.  So my first thought was that I would just re-do this week starting on Monday but then I decided that needed, and wanted to push harder.  Monday was too far away!  So, I started to get back on track today!  Since I missed the last 3 days of workouts, I decided to do a double workout yesterday, a double workout today, and then one workout on Sunday (which is usually my rest day).  I think I've had enough rest days!  That will put me right back on track for Week 4 on Monday.

According to the P90X3 schedule, Week 4 is Transition week. My workouts are as follows:
                                               Monday: Isometrix
Tueday: Dynamix
Wednesday: Accelerator
Thursday: Pilates X (super excited for this one!)
Friday: CVX (favorite workout so far!)
Saturday: X3 Yoga
Sunday: Rest of Dynamix


I have to say that I am absolutely LOVING P90X3!  As for the physical progress and results that I am getting....


I definitely feel stronger and am noticing a difference in my arms.  Another area where I am seeing progress, which is super exciting for me, is my abs!  While I was pretty thin when I was younger, I've never truly had defined abs.  In fact, a goal of mine is to get those abs by March!  It has only been 3 weeks of P90X3 and I am already seeing them peek through!

If you are thinking about giving P90X3 a try, January is the month to do so!  P90X3, as well as Shaun T's Focus T25 are the two January Challenge Pack promotions!  A Challenge Pack includes a fitness program of your choice, a month supply of Shakeology, a free 30 day trial of Club Membership where you can customize meal plans and grocery lists, me as your coach, and access to my exclusive upcoming Challenge Group!  Whew!  What a deal!  Nutrition+Fitness+Support = Success!


Does support, motivation, and accountability sound like something that would help you stay on track to creating a healthy lifestyle?  If so, you can create a Free Account and have me as your coach!  We can discuss your health and fitness goals and how I can help you reach them!

I am starting a 30 Day Clean Eating and Shakeology Group beginning MONDAY, JANUARY 20, 2014! It's not too late! I still have 1 SPOT LEFT!  Message or email me ASAP if you are interested in joining! 





Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,