A SNEAK PEEK into the planning and prepping of Week 1 of the 21 Day Fix!

21 Day FixI am super excited to begin my 21 Day Fix journey!  I have been testing some different meal options and workouts for several days now; however, I am officially beginning with my 21 Day Fix test group tomorrow!  So by  now you may have seen Facebook posts or have "googled" some information about the 21 Day Fix.  You may have some questions about what it is and how it works. What I plan to do right now, is to explain the components of the program, as well as how I began my prep work in order to be prepared for Day 1.

What is the 21 Day Fix? 
The 21 Day Fix program takes the guesswork out of weight loss.  It's a unique portion-control system combined with easy-to-follow workouts that fit into anyone's busy schedule.  The trainer, Autumn Calabrese shares her passion for food and fitness as she shows you how to make simple choices that add up to life-changing results. This fitness AND nutrition program can help you lose up to 15 pounds in 21 days.  Each workout is approximately 30 minutes a day, 7 days a week.  There are modifications within the workouts so even a beginner can do this!  The unique nutrition plan uses specifically portioned food storage containers that eliminate the guesswork from portion control.  There is no weighing, measuring, or counting calories, carbs, or points.  If it fits in the container, you can eat it!
21 Day Fix storage containers

How to get started....
To begin the program, you first have to figure out the calorie range that you fall in to.  This number is based on your weight.  For me, I fall in to the 1,200-1,499 calorie range.  That means I get to eat 3 Green, 2 Purple, 4 Red, 2 Yellow, 1 Blue, and 1 Orange container per day.  I also get 2 teaspoons of oils/nut butters.  Although the containers seem small when at first glance, you'd be surprised at how much you can stuff in there!

Once you figure out your containers, you get to begin your meal plan.  In the detailed Eating Plan book, there is a page for each colored container that specifies what you can put in it.  Then, you place anything from that list in the container and whatever fits, you can eat! It's pretty simple.   Shakeology is included within the program as well! You don't have to worry about counting your calories because the containers keep your portion sizes in check.  What I did was go through each container and hand write a list of all of the foods that I like.  Then, I planned out my meals, being sure to come as close as possible to the recommended number of containers that I was to eat.

So here is my meal plan that I am sticking to this week!  It isn't TOO much different from other plans that I have done but I did realize one thing.  I definitely OVEREAT my healthy foods!  All natural peanut butter, for example was something that I incorporated into my day almost daily.  I also stuck with 1 to 2 Tbsp. on my rice cakes or whole wheat tortillas. Within this plan, I can have a TEASPOON!  Yikes!  I know it isn't that much less, but when you add it up over the span of a week, that was just one food that I was definitely over indulging on.
21 Day Fix meal plan, clean eating meal plan
























So now that I  have my meal plan completed I had to do some prep work.  This is something that I have incorporated into my weekly weekend routine for several months now.  I have found that if I have my fruits and veggies washed, cut, and ready to go for the week, I am much more likely to stick to my meal plan and stay on track.  If I am having chicken early in the week then I also like to prepare that and store it in the refrigerator as well.  I'm not going to lie, my first meal plan for the 21 Day Fix took me quite a long time to complete!  I wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly and getting the containers that I needed each day.  Now that I have my first plan done, I know that the planning end will definitely get easier. The Eating Plan comes with several optional recipes that you can use, which include sweet treats as well!  There is even a restaurant guide so that you are not stuck when you eat out!
21 day fix meal plan and prep, 21 day fix containers
















21 Day Fix tracking sheetYou  have so many options when planning out your meals.  YOU get to bargain with yourself on what you want to eat.  For example, if you decide that you want to make and eat the Banana Oatmeal Cookies, then you will be giving up one of your yellow containers.  In fact, in order to use my unsweetened Almond milk in my Shakeology, I have given up a yellow carb container for 3 days this week.  It's all about give and take.  You CAN have a balance between nutritious, healthy food and sweet treats, including wine!  Yes, I said WINE too!  In addition, I've been making myself a new 21 Day Fix salad dressing that is delicious as well!

So you might be wondering how in the heck you are going to keep track of all of these containers.  Have no fear!  There is an awesome tracking sheet that you can keep with you so that you are sure you are getting the foods you need.  It's so simple! All you do is check off the containers that you use at each meal/snack.  It is a GREAT visual and you can evaluate your day, and even week to see how well you are doing!


OK let's talk about the workouts!


21 Day Fix Workouts

 The best part, I believe, is that all of the workouts are 30 minutes each!  They are completely doable for any busy schedule!

The workouts include:

As a bonus, you also get a Plyo Fix Workout which could be used for additional cardio!  To make things even better, there is a modifier in the workouts so even a beginner can do this!

There is a layout of the workouts within the informational pamphlet; however, I also created a check off workout calendar that could be used as well.  I love being able to check off my workouts as I complete them so this was a must for me!
21 day fix tracking sheet, 21 day fix workouts























I am anxious to do a progress update on me and my challengers in a week, because I know there will already be some amazing results happening!  Stay tuned!


If you are thinking of giving the 21 Day Fix a try, or would like more information on it, fill out the form below.  My next 21 Day Fix exclusive group begins on March 10, 2014!  Within this closed Facebook group, I will provide you with my meal planning tips, meal plans, recipes, one-on-one support, accountability, motivation, and more! 

I'm looking forward to hearing from you! 




Fill out my online form.
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,