Bruschetta Chicken

I've been in the mood for Bruschetta Chicken and have been searching for the perfect recipe.  I already have it on my meal plan for next week and can't wait to make it!  I'm posting it now because there is no doubt in my mind that it will be delicious! I've combined a couple different recipes that I've found and came up with this one!

Let me know your thoughts if you give it a try!


Bruschetta Topping:
Chicken:


Directions: 
  1. For the topping, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and place in the refrigerator.
  2. For the chicken breast, combine all of the ingredients in a large Ziplock plastic bag and seal.  Shake to evenly distribute and marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour. 
  3. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  4. Remove the chicken from the bag and place in a glass baking dish (discard marinade).  Cover the baking dish with foil and place in the oven for approximately 40 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.  
  5. Remove from oven,  discard foil and distribute the bruschetta topping evenly onto each chicken breast. 
  6. Place back in the oven for approximately 5-10 minutes to warm the tomatoes.  
  7. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Optional: You can also melt a small amount of mozzarella cheese on top.



Labels: , , , , ,