I don't know about you, but salsa is pretty popular in my house! Even my 2 and 4 year old like it! So, I'm sure no surprise to you, I decided to search for a healthy recipe that I could try. As expected, I found a fantastic one! I found this recipe at www.eat-yourself-skinny.com. I followed it exactly as is but I am going to note a couple of changes that I will make the next time I make it.
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 or 2 jalapenos, roughly choppsed
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 8 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 (4.5 oz) can green chilies
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 packet of Stevia
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- It's pretty simple. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse! You can make it as chunky or smooth as you'd like!
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional Content for 1 Serving (1/2 cup)
Fat 0 g
Carbs 7 g
Fiber 2.2 g
Protein 1 g
Ok so this salsa is absolutely delicious, but there are a couple of changes that I plan to make. First, I plan to stick with all fresh ingredients next time. It had a bit of a strong tomato taste (my opinion only), so I may just stick with 8 or 9 tomatoes and keep it at that.