I came across this recipe through the Beachbody Website around Super Bowl time. I posted in on my LIKE page because it looked so good but I never had a chance to make it, mainly because I forgot about it! I decided to give it a try for lunch today and it was delicious! The recipe makes 8 one cup servings, which is perfect for either dinner for the family or lunch for the week!
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (I didn't have any so I used about 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion)
- 2 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno, finely chopped (or cayenne pepper to taste)
- 1 tsp. mild chili powder
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. For best flavor, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Options: You can eat as is or you can serve over lettuce/spinach.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Sodium: 159 mg
Saturate Fat 1g
Labels: Clean Eating, Health lunch ideas, Health and Fitness Groups, Lisa Decker, Meal Planing, Southwestern Salad, Successfully Fit