Clean Eating Coconut French Toast

Oh my goodness!  This is a MUST TRY!  If you follow me at all, then you already know my family enjoys having breakfast for dinner.  Having said that, I came across this recipe on the Gracious Pantry website and knew I had to try it.  As you can tell, it was definitely a keeper!  This is a carb filled recipe so I have to say, I was very cautious about my carb intake today knowing that I was making this tonight.  

Clean Eating Coconut French Toast

Ingredients:
(Makes 4 Servings)
Directions:
  1. In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
  2. Submerge the bread in to the mixture, being sure to turn it several times to get all sides coated and wet.
  3. Lightly coat a non-stick pan with cooking spray and cook the bread on medium heat until the bread is cooked through.  Be sure the egg and the middle of the bread slices are cooked through.
  4. Put the toast on a plate and sprinkle each piece with 1 Tbsp. of coconut flakes.
  5. Add a drizzle of honey to taste and serve! 

ENJOY!





Labels: , , , , , ,