Herb Roasted Chicken

Here is a WONDERFUL roasted chicken recipe to try!  I got it from the TurboFire nutrition guide. Use the leftovers throughout the rest of the week for chicken salads and chicken wraps! 



Ingredients:



Directions:

  1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
  2. Clean chicken and squeeze lemon juice throughout the inside.
  3. Rub rosemary, salt, and pepper on the outside of the chicken. (I rubbed it with a bit of EVOO before doing this).
  4. Place chicken breast-side-up on rack in roasting pan. (I also filled the bottom of my roasting pan with a small layer of water and covered the pan in foil.  I removed the foil for the last 30 minutes).
  5. Bake 70-120 minutes depending on the size of the chicken; or until the juices run clear and the chicken is no longer pink in the middle. (I used a 5 lb chicken and it took two hours.)
  6. Serve chicken without skin.
TIP: If you are using fresh herbs, increase the amount to 3 Tbsp.

Enjoy!



Labels: , , , , ,