PiYO Week 3 Women's Progress Update

PiYO Workout, Fitness Motivation
PiYO Buns Workout! 

Happy Monday!  So, as of yesterday afternoon, I have officially completed Week 3 of Beachbody's newest program, PiYO!  If you follow me at all, then you may have wondered why it took me so long (2 weeks) to finish week 3.  Well, all I can say is I'M HUMAN! Just because I am a Beachbody Coach doesn't mean I don't have slip ups too.  So, here are my excuses.  Yes, I am calling them excuses because quite frankly, I could have made time and done better at making sure I was sticking to the program.  BUT, I was on my family vacation.  The week leading up to vacation was CRAZY!  I wasn't feeling well and had to take a couple of days off, then, I had to get my family packed, which involves a 2 and 4 year old.  I swear we ended up taking everything but the kitchen sink!  So, once we got to the beach I had my workout schedule in place and it just didn't work out.  I was able to get 3 PiYO workouts in; however, we did go bike riding one more and we walked....a ton!  We didn't even get in our car the entire week!  So, when I returned home I wanted to get back on track and the best way for me to do so was to just re-do week 3.  I do want to add that my eating through all of this was pretty much spot on.  I didn't cave and I stuck with my meal plan. 

So, let me tell you a little about week 3 since I spent so much time with it!  Week 3 is seriously NO JOKE!  I've had several friends, customers, and/or challengers questioning the effectiveness of PiYO.  For the first two weeks it is a little frustrating because you are trying to learn the moves and you aren't necessarily dripping in sweat all week.  It is so different from any other Beachbody workout because you aren't jumping around and doing fast intense moves.  PiYO is all low impact but high intensity.  My first realization of this was when I did the Sweat workout.  Again, no jumping, no running, no weights, and I was a sweaty mess!!  And you better believe I was sore! It was GREAT!
PiYO Workout


So, my workouts for Week 3 were as follows:
Monday: Upper Body - I enjoy this workout because it gives my arms/shoulders a great workout!  It's only 18 minutes long and since I am still really working on defining my abs, I did add in the 21 Day 10 Minute Ab Fix workout.
Tuesday: Buns - This was a first time workout for me.  I wasn't sure what to expect other than a sore lower half, and boy was I right!  This 26 minute workout was FABULOUS!
Wednesday: Core - This is one of my favorite workouts.  Coming in at around 30 minutes, Core really works the entire body, and especially  your core area (obviously).  It definitely makes me work up a good sweat!
PiYO Workouts, Fitness Motivation
PiYO CORE
Thursday: Lower Body - Yet another great workout, Lower Body does just that, works the lower body!  Now that I am familiar with the moves and workout, I am able to push myself for that extra burn.
Friday: Sweat - As I mentioned before, every time I do this workout I am a sweaty mess!!!
Saturday: I took Saturday as my rest day, which was much needed.  I was out sore, and out of town, so my body was definitely in need of a break!
Sunday: Strength Intervals - This is another new workout to week 3.  I, again, wasn't sure what to expect and was quite surprised!  First of all, this workout is only 26 minutes, which is great for busy moms like me! Secondly, it was cardio!  Low impact, high intensity was exactly what this workout was!  There was some light jumping (that can be modified if needed) and I couldn't believe how sweaty I was in such a short amount of time.  I am definitely feeling it today!

OK, let's talk  nutrition! More specifically, meal planning and prep! 

PiYO meal planning, Meal Planning, Clean Eating, Meal Prep
Meal Planning and Prep


 For starters, here is the meal plan that I followed last week: 
PiYO meal planning, Meal Planning, Clean Eating, Meal Prep
PiYO Week 3 Meal Plan

I am typically a plain Jane eater and tend to eat the same foods each week (until I get sick of them) so, I switched things up a bit and tried out a couple of new recipes.  They were fantastic and have been added to my meal planning rotation!  I love doing meal plans because I truly believe that they keep me on track.  Every week I print it out and put it right on my kitchen counter!  There is no point in doing a fitness program is you aren't going to track your nutrition.  If you want results, you need to be all in! Speaking from experience, you can work out until you can barely breathe every single day; however, if you aren't watching what you are eating then there is no point!  Progress happens in the kitchen.  ABS are made in the kitchen!  Staying away from processed, packaged food is key.  Of course, my daily does of Shakeology helps to keep me on track too. It is the one meal that I know is super healthy, giving me my daily dose of dense nutrition, fueling my body with nutrition that will give me energy and curb my cravings. I have now been drinking Shakeology daily for over a year and it is not only still effective, but I am not sick of it!  I have the option to switch up recipes when I want and it is seriously the main meal that I look forward to every single day.  I would feel lost if I didn't have 
Salsa  Chicken, Clean Eating
Salsa Chicken 
it for breakfast! 


Clean Eating, Balsamic Garlic Asparagus
Balsamic Garlic Asparagus
As for the new recipes I tried, first was Salsa Chicken. I loved this recipe because all I had to do was throw a few things in my crock pot and turn it on for the day!  It doesn't get much easier! I also tried a new side dish.  I typically just put a little olive oil and sea salt on my asparagus and cook them in a skillet; however, I came across this Balsamic Garlic Asparagus recipe and gave it a try.  After all, I pretty much LOVE anything with balsamic vinegar!  No surprise to me, they were delicious!  My husband even ate them, which is a big deal in this house!  

Overall, I am really looking forward to beginning Week 4 today!  In just three weeks of doing PiYO, I can definitely tell a difference in my strength, flexibility, and balance.  I am certainly not grabbing for the chair as often as I was the first week!  I'm still a work in progress and can't wait to see where this program takes me within the next few weeks! 


Health and Fitness Online Accountability Groups



I am opening up spots for my August Accountability groups and would LOVE for you to join me!  I will be starting various groups that include PiYo, 21 Day Fix3 Day Refresh, and more!

If you are in need of some support, accountability, and motivation to help keep you on track, then fill out the form below and I will be in touch.  All of my groups run similar in that I incorporate a meal planning component where I teach a bit about clean eating and help with customized meal planning.  I share all of my meal plans and tips that help to keep me and my family on track to a healthy lifestyle! 

If you would like more information about any of my August groups, please fill out the application below and I will get back to you!  I do limit the spots in my groups so that everyone gets necessary individual support. They are on a first come first serve basis. Please note, a requirement for the group is that I am your Beachbody Coach.  

Have a WONDERFUL week and I hope to hear from you soon! 




Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,