Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken Wraps

Courtesy of my favorite website, The Gracious Pantry, I came across this Clean Eating Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken recipe.  I'm always looking for ways to spice up chicken, so I gave it a try!  Oh, and it was a crock pot recipe, so, double plus!  My family enjoyed the meal and I have now added it to our dinner rotation! They make great leftovers too! 

Clean Eating, Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken
Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken 

Ingredients: (I did alter the original recipe)

Directions: 
1. Add chicken to slow cooker.
2. Top the chicken with onion
3. Whisk together pineapple juice, tomato paste, soy sauce, and vinegar then pour over the chicken
4. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
5. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with fork.
6. Stir cornstarch in the left over sauce in slow cooker and increase the heat to high.  Cook, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. 
7. Spoon chicken onto tortilla and top with sauce.

I served it with a side of fresh cut pineapple and fresh green beans.

Enjoy! 





Labels: , , , , , ,