Week 5 PIYO Progress Update - Meal Plan Included!


What is PiYO, Accountability Groups, Clean Eating, Meal Planning
NO MORE EXCUSES! 

Happy Tuesday!  Transformation Tuesday to be exact!  So, I completed Week 5 of PiYO last week and am in the middle of Week 6 right now.  Because I was used to the 21 Day Fix, completing a 60 day program had me a bit worried.  I get bored with workouts easily and with the change of pace with Piyo I wasn't sure I would make it.  BUT, here I am, almost 6 weeks in, STILL LOVING the program!  I can't even being to explain how much I have enjoyed the change of pace in workouts this summer.  I am still a sweaty mess at the end, yet I haven't jumped around and done traditional cardio at all!  

Ok so let's get down to it!  Here is the meal plan that I followed last week.

Clean Eating Meal Plan, Meal Planning, Clean Eating, 21 Day Fix Meal Plan, Piyo meal plan
Clean Eating Meal Plan


Unfortunately I did not try any new recipes so I don't have much to share in terms of that.  I do want to note that I am following the 21 Day Fix nutritional plan and have since returned back to color coded meals plans (beginning in Week 6).  Even though my Week 5 plan is not specific to the 21 Day Fix, I have taken the knowledge that I have learned through that program and continually apply it!  In fact, here is a great example!  I made my usual egg whites with grilled veggies and had an Ezekiel English Muffin as opposed to Ezekiel toast.  This is both 21 Day Fix and PiYO approved!  
Clean Eating, Meal Planning, 21 Day Fix approved meals
21 Day Fix Approved Breakfast!

The workouts for Week 5 are as follows:
What is PiYO, Accountability Groups, Clean Eating, Meal Planning, Piyo workouts
PIYO Sculpt
Monday: Sculpt - This one was new and WOW was I sore!  Lots of squats and leg work!
Tuesday: Sweat
Wednesday: Core
Thursday: Drench
Friday: Buns
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Strength Intervals

So, what types of results am I actually seeing with PiYO?
For starters, I am certainly seeing an increase in my flexibility.  In addition, I can tell that my strength has improved as well. When I first started I wasn't able to do any tricep push-ups without being on my knees, and I am now up to about 5 before I need a break!  In addition, I am seeing a noticeable difference in my arm and leg definition, not to mention the increase in strength I am seeing with my core muscles.  

What is PiYO, Accountability Groups, Clean Eating, Meal Planning

So, who exactly is PIYO designed for?

Answer:  ANYONE!  No seriously, ANYONE can do PIYO!  

I will admit, when I first started I was nervous that it wasn't going to be enough.  I have been working out consistently for well over a year now and am used to programs like T25, P90X3, Turbo Fire, 21 Day Fix, etc.  Boy was I wrong!  Once I got in to Week 3 of PiYO I knew it was perfect!  On the flip side, I have several challengers who have knee, hip, and back troubles and they are still doing great!  There is no jumping, kicking, or any of that traditional cardio, which is a HUGE bonus.  In addition, there is a modifier in every workout so if you are unable to do the regular moves, you can modify! 

If you would like to read more about my PiYO progress, feel free to click on the links below!

What Is PiYO?
Week 1 of PiYO
Week 2 of PiYO
Week 3 of PiYO
Week 4 of PiYO

When I first started doing home fitness programs I used to get up super early and squeeze my workout in before my girls woke up.  Now, I use that as my quiet time to work my Beachbody business.  Why make the change?  Well, I noticed that when I started exercising in front of my girls during the day, they seemed to be interested in what I was doing.  They know that it is my time to exercise and do a great job at playing with each other, snacking, or watching TV for 30 minutes, but they also like to try out what I am doing.  When they glace over at me and see something that looks like they can do, they are all in!  In fact, they LOVE when it is time for me to exercise because they take turns grabbing my yoga mat from the other room and setting it all up for me!  Another great perk of PiYO.  No equipment! 

What is PiYO, Accountability Groups, Clean Eating, Meal Planning, 21 Day Fix
It's TOUGH being a young girl, especially being in the pre-teen and teen years!!  As a former sixth grade teacher, I see how self conscious girls get because of their body image.  I was once there too.  So, needless to say, I love that my 2 and 4 year old see that I exercise and make healthy foods.  I love that they know it is a daily priority.  I love that they know the difference between a health and unhealthy snack. Yes, I let them indulge, but not on a daily basis. 

 I want them to grow up not stressing about the way their body looks, but instead focusing more on living a healthy life.  The best place for that mindset to start is at home!  It's not something a teacher needs to teach them, it's something that I, as a parent, want to model.  There are too many temptations out there that they could easily fall in to.  By seeing their parents truly live a healthy life, I know that they will have the knowledge on how to make good, healthy choices.  


If you are ready to make a change, then now is YOUR time!  Why wait? 

I am beginning a Back to School challenge on August 25th.  Click HERE for details!  Be sure to scroll down to Option #2. Throughout the 30 days of the group, I will be providing support, motivation, and accountability to help you reach your health and fitness goals.  You can choose whatever Beachbody Challenge Pack/Program you want! I can help you figure out what program would best meet your needs based on your goals.  These closed Facebook groups are a service that I provide to my customers so, if you would like to join one, then click HERE to sign up for a FREE account so that I am your coach!  

Also, please fill out the form below for more information and to reserve your spot!  

What is PiYO, Accountability Groups, Clean Eating, Meal Planning



Online contact and registration forms from Wufoo.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,