Healthy Chicken Parmesan

I was flipping through the P90 Nutrition Guide and came across this recipe.  Who DOESN'T love Chicken Parmesan?!  I know there are other "healthy" versions out there that involve whole wheat bread crumbs, but I  noticed the P90 recipe didn't involve any.  I don't know about you, but for some reason I hate the extra step of breading chicken.  I know it's simple, but the less steps the better!  So, I was anxious to give this recipe a try.  Sure enough, it was FABULOUS!  This recipe has definitely made the dinner rotation!  I did end up adding some extra carbs from the pasta; however, I made sure I portioned it out with my 21 Day fix yellow container!

Healthy Chicken Parmesan, Clean Eating Recipes, Healthy Dinner Ideas
Chicken Parmesan 
Ingredients:
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Combine tomato sauce, oregano, and garlic powder in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
  3. Place the chicken in baking pan lightly coated with spray; top with tomato sauce mixture, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese.
  4. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle and the cheese is bubbly.
  5. Serve immediately. 



As you can see, I completed my meal with a serving of whole wheat pasta / all natural sauce, and a side of spinach salad with veggies.  I topped my salad with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Enjoy!!



Labels: , , , ,