I was flipping through the P90 Nutrition Guide and came across this recipe. Who DOESN'T love Chicken Parmesan?! I know there are other "healthy" versions out there that involve whole wheat bread crumbs, but I noticed the P90 recipe didn't involve any. I don't know about you, but for some reason I hate the extra step of breading chicken. I know it's simple, but the less steps the better! So, I was anxious to give this recipe a try. Sure enough, it was FABULOUS! This recipe has definitely made the dinner rotation! I did end up adding some extra carbs from the pasta; however, I made sure I portioned it out with my 21 Day fix yellow container!
|Chicken Parmesan |
- 4 (6oz) raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup all-natural tomato sauce, no sugar added
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine tomato sauce, oregano, and garlic powder in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Place the chicken in baking pan lightly coated with spray; top with tomato sauce mixture, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle and the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
As you can see, I completed my meal with a serving of whole wheat pasta / all natural sauce, and a side of spinach salad with veggies. I topped my salad with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Labels: Clean Eating Recipes, Healthy Chicken Parmesan, Healthy Dinner Ideas, Lisa Decker, Successfully Fit