I found the PERFECT dessert to have this time of year! I obviously LOVE pumpkin and am taking full advantage of trying out new recipes throughout Fall. So, I came across these clean eating pumpkin bars from the website Whole Foods New Body and absolutely love them! I didn't even make any changes to the recipe! The recipe makes 12 small bars and my girls each had three within an hour of me making them!
Here is the recipe!
|Clean Eating Pumpkin Bars|
* 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I actually used about 3/4 of a cup)
* 1/2 cup honey
* 2 Eggs
* 1 cup almond meal/flour
* pinch of sea salt
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk all ingredients in a medium sized bowl until well blended.
3. Pour mixture in to an 8 x 8 glass baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
4. Bake for about 30-35 minutes.
While it would take away from the "clean eating" of the bar, feel free to serve with a dollop of whipped topping and a little cinnamon sprinkled on top!
That's it! It was so simple to make and absolutely delicious!
Labels: Clean Eating Desserts, Clean Eating Pumpkin Bars, Lisa Decker, Pumpkin Recipes, Successfully Fit, Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas