My Top 5 Tips to Staying on Track this Holiday Season!

21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Meal Plan, 21 Day Fix Workouts, Healthy Holiday Tips
21 Day Fix
Happy Monday!  I don't know about your area, but, today is a cold and dreary day here in Central PA!  I wanted to take some time to do a little progress update as well as write about some decisions that I made in terms of my health and fitness. So, if you follow me at all, you know that I have been doing Tony Horton's newest program, P90.  While I was enjoying the program, I was really getting the 21 Day Fix itch!   I've been following the 21 Day Fix nutritional plan for months; however, I took a break from the workouts and started doing other programs.  Anyways, I began a November 21 Day Fix accountability group last week and everyone kicked off Day 1 with their workouts and following the nutrition plan today.  After giving it some thought, I decided that I wanted to do a another complete round myself, right along with my group! I really feel like this program will be FANTASTIC for getting through the holiday season.

21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Meal Plan, 21 Day Fix Workouts, Healthy Holiday TipsSince I've been following the plan for quite some time now, I've gotten to the point where I can just "eye ball" my portions; however, this is a crucial time of year!  It's that time where temptations are EVERYWHERE!  So, I pulled out and washed my containers, did my meal plan, got  my workouts back out, and am committing to it 100%! I am really excited because I always seem to get great results and feel GREAT when I fully commit to a round.  I am going in to this round fully prepared too, which is what led me to this blog post!  I wanted to share some tips that I have put in place to ensure that not only this round of the 21 Day Fix goes smoothly, but to also ensure that those holiday temptations don't get the best of me!


Tip #1 Schedule your workouts! 

Something that REALLY helps me stay on track is having a schedule that I can cross off as I progress.  Call me crazy, but I get satisfaction in being able to cross something off of a written list/schedule, so, I created this calendar of workouts when the program came out.  Within the accountability groups that I run I ask my challengers to rate their day each evening.  Everyone checks in on how their workout went, if they drank their Shakeology, and how they did with staying on track with their meal plan.  This would help you better understand the layout of my workout calendar. In addition to know what workouts I am doing each day, I also have a plan on the time of day as well. I know that on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's my mornings are a bit busier due to my girls going to preschool, so, I plan to be up and ready to go for a 6:30am/7:00am workout, On Tuesday and Thursdays I usually use my morning time to do a little work and then do my workout while my girls are having a mid-morning snack and watching some TV. I like for them to see me exercising not only because they like to join in, but also because I want to show the importance of daily exercise!


21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Meal Plan, 21 Day Fix Workouts, Healthy Holiday Tips
21 Day Fix 

Tip #2 Prepare your workout clothes!

21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Meal Plan, 21 Day Fix Workouts, Healthy Holiday TipsOk I know this one sounds a bit silly, but I am being totally serious in saying that I like to have my clothes out and ready to go each day!  This is especially important on my early workout days because I am rushed to get my workout and shower in before the girls wake up.  This morning worked out perfectly.  Before I had time to change my mind or create an excuse, I hopped in my clothes, turned on my DVD and got started!




Tip #3 MEAL PLAN!

21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Meal Plan, 21 Day Fix Workouts, Healthy Holiday TipsI know I know...meal planning takes time.  Blah Blah Blah!  I know this may be a little tough love, but if you want this bad enough, you will make the time to do it!  I guarantee that your week, and weeks, will go so much more smoothly if you have your meals planned out.  I have been doing weekly meal plans for about 17 or so months now and I can't tell you what a world of difference it has made.  Yes, there are times when things don't go as planned but you know what, that means I just bump that meal to the following week!  No big deal!  Prior to getting in to meal planning, I was that person who would come home from work and wonder what in the world I was going to make for dinner that night.  The 21 Day Fix makes it pretty easy.  Yes, the first plan can take some time for you to figure out all of your containers, but you certainly don't have to make separate meals and again, it's absolutely worth it!

Here is what my meal plan looks like for this week.  I am incorporating a new dinner on Wednesday and I like to stick with the same snacks throughout the week. It makes the grocery list shorter which means less money too! Of course, I begin each  morning with my favorite, Shakeology!  I tell you what,  if you haven't tried Shakeology yet, get in touch with me!  It is seriously a life saver through the holidays!  I LOVED having my  Pumpkin Pie, Candy Cane, Thin Mint, Almond Joy, Peanut Butter Cup, and Gingerbread cookie shakes last year.  They helped me by-pass those holiday pies and cookies!  There are all kinds of yummy Shakeology recipes  that you can use to curb those cravings and fight those temptations! 

21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Meal Plan, 21 Day Fix Workouts, Healthy Holiday Tips
21 Day Fix Meal Plan

Tip #4 Meal Prep!

Once I have my meal plan in place and the weekly grocery shopping is complete, I spend some time on Sunday's doing a little meal prep.  This week, that means cutting up lots of veggies!  If I'm being honest, I tend to slack on eating my vegetables.  If I don't have them already pre-cut, then I end up grabbing something else because I don't feel like cutting them up.  I know, it sounds a little lazy but it's true!  So, I spent about an hour yesterday cutting up the veggies (for my entire family) for the week as well as making some veggie stir fry to have for my mid-afternoon snacks for the first half of the week.  Now all of my meals will go much quicker!  I'm using my crock pot a lot this week too which is a double bonus!  
21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Meal Plan, 21 Day Fix Workouts, Healthy Holiday Tips
Meal Prep



Tip #5 Get Support and Accountability! 

21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Meal Plan, 21 Day Fix Workouts, Healthy Holiday TipsI know, I look thrilled, huh?!  This morning I was up and at-em around 6:30am to squeeze my 30 minute Total Body Cardio Fix in before getting the girls up. No, I don't take a sweaty selfie every day (you're welcome!) but since today kicked off Day 1 for my 21 Day Fix Accountability Group, everyone's assignment is to post an accountability pic!  I LOVED seeing that there were already 2 or 3 pics in the group before I even woke up!  I have been participating and/or running monthly accountability groups since June 2013 and don't know what I would do without them!  They just WORK for me!  I LOVE having a place to plug in to for some added support, motivation, and accountability.  No one is perfect, but, having these groups and hearing others struggles and successes makes my journey so much easier and relate-able. No one is alone in this journey!  I have found that the challengers who commit and participate within the groups get the best results.  The October results were slowly trickling in last week and I was blown away!  At the time I made this image (below) I had 8 people report their 21 day measurements.  Some just gave me inches lost, some just gave me pounds lost, and some gave both.  In any case, with just 8 people 46 pounds and 47.25 inches are gone!   It's incredible! 
21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Meal Plan, 21 Day Fix Workouts, Healthy Holiday Tips
21 Day Fix Results

One change that I am going to make along this round of the 21 Day Fix is the incorporation of the 3 Day Refresh. I completed a 3 Day Refresh in July 2014 and did really well with it, so, I am beginning another one during my third week of the Fix.  On December 1st, I am beginning a 30 day Healthy Holiday Accountability Group and although it is not required, a few people who have already committed to the group are going to begin with a 3 Day Refresh.  It just so happens that it is a current November promotion so several people have been taking advantage of that!  


So, there you have it!  My top 5 tips that I am following to help get me through the holiday season.  And guess what, after 21 Days of consistency, these tips become a habit!  If you are wanting to stay on the healthy track this holiday season, yet still be able to indulge in your favorite treats, then I encourage you to create a plan of attack.  With a plan in place, you are more likely to follow it. 

If you are interested in joining my next accountability group to help you stay on track through the holiday season, you are in luck!  As I mentioned above, I am beginning another one on December 1st!  My groups are for my personal customers, coaches, and their customers.  If you are interested in getting more information or reserving your spot, fill out and submit the form below! 

21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Meal Plan, 21 Day Fix Workouts, Healthy Holiday Tips


Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,