Stuffed Peppers

I came across this recipe on Pinterest and figured I'd give it a try!  I also love that it is all 21 Day Fix approved ingredients. I have to say; however, something that I don't like to do is waste a lot of good food.  So, when a recipe calls for something like a cup of rice, I want to be able to still use the rest of the packet!  Or, if a recipe calls for a small amount of black beans, I don't want to throw the rest away if I don't have something else to make later in the week.  So, the recipe posted below makes MORE THAN ENOUGH for the pepper filling.  So, here is what I did.  I stuffed and cooked the peppers and then I placed the rest of the mixture in a Tupperware to use for leftovers. My husband and I were both able to use the filling on a whole wheat tortilla the next day for lunch. In fact, I'm pretty sure he was able to eat a few of them, which I wouldn't recommend if you are watching your carbs ;)

21 Day Fix Dinners, Clean Eating, Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed Peppers

Ingredients: One stuffed pepper is one serving.  These can be refrigerated and used for leftovers too!



Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Cook brown rice or Quinoa according to the package. 
  3. While the rice is cooking brown and season the ground beef/turkey.
  4. Drain and rinse black beans.
  5. Combine rice, meat, beans, corn, tomatoes and sauce in a large bowl and mix well.
  6. Cut tops off of peppers, pulling out the ribs/core and rinse any additional seeds out.
  7. Place all 6 peppers in a glass baking dish.
  8. Stuff all peppers with filling mixture.  About 1 cup of mixture fits within a pepper.
  9. Sprinkle the top of each pepper with 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
  10. Bake in oven for about 35 minutes (cheese should be melted and filling should be heated all the way through). 
As stated above, you can use the remaining mixture as a wrap for the next day!  

Enjoy!!




Labels: , , , , ,