Clean Eating Cut Out Cookies

Clean Eating Cut Out Cookies, Healthy Holiday Cookie Recipes, Cookie Cutter Recipes
Clean Eating Cut Out Cookies

Let's get one thing straight....I am not a baker!  In fact, I'm not sure what I am worse at, baking or cooking fish!  The girls really wanted to decorate cookies this Christmas and although I did go out and by one of those pre-made Gingerbread Houses, I thought I'd search for some clean eating cookie recipes.  Not to my surprise, my go-to website, The Gracious Pantry, had a great recipe for making cut out cookies!  the cookies themselves are considered a clean eating cookie; however, as you can see I added to the fun and got some icing and candy/sprinkles for the girls to play around with.  If you are staying away from sweets, then just stick with the plain cookies.  Both girls loved making, decorating, and tasting them! It is an added bonus that there is no added sugar in these cookies, but the kids don't need to know that! 

Ok so according to the original recipe, this should make about 18 cookies depending on the size.  I have to say, I must have pretty large cut outs because I only got 6 out of one batter.  So, I did have to make a second batch. 

Ingredients:

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Mix the flour, baking powder, oil, honey, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
  3. If the dough is so wet that it is stick to your fingers, knead in some extra flour.  If the dough is too dry add a little more oil.
  4. Roll the dough out in to about 1/4 inch thickness and use your cookie cutters to form the cookies. Transfer the cookies to a parchment lined cookie sheet.
  5. Top each cookie with a brush of mixed egg. 
  6. Bake for approximately 8-12 minutes, or until the cookies have a golden glow.
  7. Decorate!! 
Enjoy!!




Labels: , , , , , ,