What DOES a Beachbody Coach REALLY do?! My tips to running a successful business!

Becoming a Beachbody Coach, Beachbody Coach, Work from Home, Part Time Jobs

Good Afternoon and happy Wednesday!  I don't know about you, but we've got a good bit of snow here in Central PA!  I know it's that time of year, and I really don't mind the snow, but I'm not a fan of feeling like I need to stay in all day due to the cold and travel conditions.  ANYWAYS,  I was having a conversation the other day about Beachbody Coaching and this comment was made "I would never have the time for that!"  So, it got me thinking.  While I am not teaching all day long like in the past, I AM home with two toddler daughters, who, may I add, do not take naps anymore.  Anyone with toddlers knows that that certainly doesn't leave much room for myself throughout the day, let alone sitting at my computer working my Beachbody business!  The most common objection I hear when I talk with someone about giving coaching a try is "I don't have time!"  Let's face it, there are just not enough hours in the day to get EVERYTHING we want to get done!  And believe me, when I was thinking about becoming a Coach, I was saying the SAME THING!  

The truth is, you don't need ALL DAY to run a successful Coaching business!  I'd like to share with you my 3 tips that have been KEY for me in building my business:
1. Have a daily uninterrupted Power Hour!  
2. Be a product of the product!
3. Read or listen to Personal Development! 
4. SHARE don't SELL!

Whether you are a stay at home parent or if you work full time, these 3 tips CAN MOST DEFINITELY be done!  Thousands of Coaches (many of which have 2+ children) are proof of that!  So, let's chat about these tips....

Becoming a Beachbody Coach, Beachbody Coach, Work from Home, Part Time Jobs
Power Hour
Of course, like anything else, as your business grows and if you want to grow at a quicker rate, you will need a little more time; however, contrary to what most people think, you can begin to build and grow your business with a simple one hour Power Hour each day!  The key is, that Power Hour needs to be a focused, uninterrupted time that you can focus and cross off the tasks on your to-do list.  Your first question may be, When exactly do you have an uninterrupted hour to devote to your business? That's simple!  I use my late evenings as my working hours.  Once I get my girls to sleep and my husband goes to bed, I head to my computer and put in some time.  Fortunately, both of my girls have preschool two mornings a week so I do have a couple of hours each of those mornings; however, I do not have that time during the Summer months, holidays, and days like this week where there are snow days and delays!  So, I honestly don't rely on that time. 

Becoming a Beachbody Coach, Beachbody Coach, Work from Home, Part Time Jobs
Here's the deal,  if you want to build a successful business you are going to have to make some sacrifices.  My sacrifices?  For starters, I don't watch much TV. Actually, I really don't watch any!  Now I'm not saying that you can't watch TV as a coach, but, that just isn't important to me. I'd rather spend that time, even if it is 30 minutes, checking in with my challengers, writing blog posts, reading some personal development, or even getting my daily 30 minute workout in.  Another option?  I get up early!  My girls are typically early rises; however, I do still get up earlier than them to get a few things done. You may be thinking, what exactly do you do during that Power Hour?  Well, it depends!  Right now I am writing a blog post and then will do another check in with my challengers.  These "tasks" that you do during your uninterrupted time are things that you learn when you go through one of my Coach training programs. They are simple steps that will help to ensure that your business is growing.  

Be a Product of the Product

Becoming a Beachbody Coach, Beachbody Coach, Work from Home, Part Time Jobs
Shakeology
If you are interested in becoming a Coach then you either like the products, or are willing to give them a try.  You really can't expect to be a Coach and help guide people in meeting their health and fitness goals using Beachbody products if you don't use and believe in them yourself!  You better believe I wake up EVERY SINGLE MORNING and make myself a chocolate Shakeology for breakfast.  I wouldn't go without without it! It is an all natural shake that gives me my energy and daily nutrients.  It seriously takes me two minutes tops to make it, so time is certainly not a factor.  And yes, I did make and drink Shakeology in the morning while I was working full time as a teacher too!  In addition, I use Beachbody fitness programs.  I am not a gym goer and quite frankly, I never was!  Having a 30 minute super effective fitness program that will give me fabulous results from the comfort of my own home is DEFINITELY a perk for me.  I don't have to worry about child care and I don't have to go out in the freezing cold, not to mention I'd rather use up 30 minutes for my workout rather than an hour or so with driving time.  Now I do want to say that lots and lots of Coaches do go to a gym.  You are NOT restricted to working out at home as a coach!  Many Coaches who are gym goers use Beachbody products as a supplemental workout or even do it at the gym.

I have to say, one of the perks that I have seen since committing to at home fitness programs, is being a positive role model for my girls. It makes me happy that they CHOOSE to put on their sparkly Sperry shoes and jump around with me during my workout.  No, they don't last the whole time but the words "workout", "healthy", "exercise", "exercise shoes", and "exercise mat" are all part of their vocabulary.  The "I can't workout because of my kids" excuse just doesn't work for me.  I'm proof of that!  Sure, there are times where they may get in my way a little, or even crawl on my while I am doing a plank, but that doesn't prevent me from getting a good sweaty workout in!

Becoming a Beachbody Coach, Beachbody Coach, Work from Home, Part Time Jobs
Insanity Max 30

Read or Listen to Personal Development 

Becoming a Beachbody Coach, Beachbody Coach, Work from Home, Part Time Jobs
Personal Development
I will be the first to admit that yes, I was an elementary teacher, but no, I did not enjoy reading for fun.  My former colleague can vouch for that!  He would tell me about a good book he was reading and I just couldn't fathom going home and reading for fun when I had sooo many other things to do! Crazy, huh?  Fast forward to today and I rarely go a day without it!  Now I will say, I do prefer to listen to personal development because I can do so while driving in the car, working out, and making dinner; however, I do always have some sort of book that I am working on.   I do want to say that this isn't just a recommendation if you are a coach, or thinking about becoming a coach. This is a recommendation that I would give to EVERYONE!  Reading personal development has truly changed my perspective on life.  It has given me loads of confidence and truly positive, optimistic outlook.

Last but not least....SHARE, DON'T SELL!

Ok so I'm sure I can speak for MANY people in saying that when a salesperson is walking towards me in the mall, I avoid eye contact and walk in the other direction!  Something that I love about being a Coach is, while yes, I do have products that I sell, I love to SHARE how I am living a healthy life rather than post 24/7 about busying a particular product from me.  Sure, there may be coaches out there than don't follow this perspective but it is something that I try to really instill in my coaches as well. This, for example, is a post that I had last night.  All I did was share a new yummy recipe that I tried for dinner last night!  (The recipe can be found under the Clean Eating Recipes tab - I HIGHLY recommend it!)  I also like to share my workout pics (like the one above with my girls), not to tell everyone that I am using a Beachbody product, but to show how I am incorporating daily exercise into my busy schedule and hopefully providing some positive motivation for someone out there. 

Chicken Tacos
Chicken Tacos


So now that you know some of my tips on how I run my business on part time hours, let me share with you a little about the Coaching Opportunity.  There is a misconception that you need to have some sort of healthy and fitness background in order to coach others.  Truth be told...YOU DON'T! I don't!  The way I help others is by sharing MY experiences, encouraging/motivating others, and sharing what has worked for me and my family.

Becoming a Beachbody Coach, Beachbody Coach, Work from Home, Part Time Jobs
Becoming a Beachbody Coach


In addition, you don't need some massive office to house products and work your business.  First of all, YOU are your own boss which means you create your own hours!  BONUS!  You don't have to worry about keeping an inventory, directly handing any customer service issues that may come up with the products as far as exchanges or replacements, you don't even have to leave your house!  On the flip side, you can work your business from ANYWHERE you go!  Whether it be chatting with people face to face or simply working from your smart phone, YOU have the control. 
Your success is unlimited and you certainly aren't restricted by the person you sign up under.  As your business builds there is no limit on how much earn which is incredible considering it only costs $15.95 per month to keep your coach membership!  Oh, and to sign up, it's only $39.95; HOWEVER, that fee is easily waived if you invest in a fitness program and Shakeology for YOURSELF to use and consume! 

Becoming a Beachbody Coach, Beachbody Coach, Work from Home, Part Time Jobs
Becoming a Beachbody Coach

Beachbody DOES honor active duty military, military spouses, and as of recent, veterans!  How?  Well, that $15.95 monthly fee AND the sign up fee is completely waived!  So, it's actually FREE to be a coach if you are in any of those positions!  Crazy, huh?!

Becoming a Beachbody Coach, Beachbody Coach, Work from Home, Part Time Jobs, Military Discount
Beachbody Military Discount

Becoming a Beachbody Coach, Beachbody Coach, Work from Home, Part Time Jobs
Success Club 10 All Star
I have to say, when I signed up as a Beachbody Coach my main goal was to earn enough to pay off my minimal monthly investment, reap the 25% discount on any and all Beachbody products, and to see if I could find anyone out there who would give me the honor of sharing my tips and experiences to help them reach THEIR goals.  I have been blown away with the amount of people who have joined in my challenge groups and have proven that they too can live a happy, healthy life.  The phrase Success Club doesn't mean much to anyone who isn't familiar with Coaching; however, you can earn something called Success Club 5 or 10 each month of the year.  It is a direct reflection on how many people you have been able to help, as well as how your business has been growing.   The higher the number, the more you have helped! If you earn either of those all 12 months, then you become an "All Star."  Never in my wildest dreams would I have believed this time a year ago that I would be a Success Club 10 All Star! It has been a huge accomplishment for me and I can't wait to do it all over again this year! 

Becoming a Beachbody Coach, Beachbody Coach, Work from Home, Part Time Jobs
3 Day Sneak Peek into what Beachbody Coaching is all About


TOMORROW, Wednesday, January 28th, I cam kicking off a 3 Day Sneak Peek into what Beachbody Coaching is all about.   For 3 Days I will be posting information on the specifics of coaching.  There are no strings attached and no purchase necessary! It's a free closed Facebook group that will give you the chance to learn about the Coaching opportunity and see if it would be a good fit for you! If you would like in on the group, click HERE and request to join!  

Don't have Facebook?  No worries!  Fill out and submit the form below.  I can email you the daily posts instead!

Are you in?  You never know unless you try! 



The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

Labels: , , , , , ,