21 Day Fix Extreme: Week 2 Progress, Planning, and Prep Update


21 Day Fix Extreme, 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Workouts, 21 Day Fix Extreme Workouts, 21 Day Fix Extreme Meal Plan, Meal Planning
21 Day Fix Extreme

 I completed Week 2 of the 21 Day Fix Extreme this past Sunday and figured I'd give you a little update!  Although I did cheat a tiny bit, for the most part, I have been right on track.  I have to say, I'm feeling great! I absolutely LOVE the workouts and incorporation
 of weights.  I am definitely seeing a difference in my arms and legs especially. So, I figured I'd start with talking about the workouts.  One of the common statements I hear from people when I invite to my health and fitness groups is "I need to go to a gym to get results."  While I am not in any way against going to a gym, that statement simply is not true.  I admit, it is a pretty nice convenience to be able to get in a solid 30 minute workout that will get me sweaty and burning just as many calories. You don't need to work out for 60+ minutes to see results!  AND, you don't have to waste any travel time or worry about business hours.  Your workout is on your own time and on your own terms.  

21 Day Fix Extreme, 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Workouts, 21 Day Fix Extreme Workouts, 21 Day Fix Extreme Meal Plan, Meal Planning
21 Day Fix Extreme

Another awesome perk of doing a home fitness program, such as the 21 Day Fix Extreme is I don't have to worry about child care. That is a big one for me.   When I started working out at home I was a bit hesitant. My daughters were a bit younger and yes, they crawled and jumped around me. Once they saw that this was something that I would be doing every day, they adapted and even started trying to follow along the videos with me!  A very common word in my house is "exercise."  They just love getting my mat, weights, and shoes out.  In fact, on the occasion that I don't feel like working out, my oldest daughter, who is only 5, tells me I have to!!  Being able to have such a positive influence on my daughters is priceless. 

21 Day Fix Extreme, 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Workouts, 21 Day Fix Extreme Workouts, 21 Day Fix Extreme Meal Plan, Meal Planning
Positive Role Model
 So, how exactly is the 21 Day Fix Extreme working out for me?  I can tell that I am getting stronger.  I decided to increase my "heavy" weights for the program and boy did I feel a difference!  Sure, I'm sore. But it's a good sore!  In just one week, I've found that I can do more reps and hold on to my heavier weights for a longer period of time before switching.

21 Day Fix Extreme, 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Workouts, 21 Day Fix Extreme Workouts, 21 Day Fix Extreme Meal Plan, Meal Planning
21 Day Fix Extreme

 Although I have outlined the workouts a couple of times on my blog, I thought it would be helpful to continue doing so in my posts.  

So here is the breakdown of workouts:

Plyo Fix Extreme: Lower body workout that uses jumping and resistance to torch calories and sculpt muscles. This is by far the toughest one for me!
Upper Fix Extreme: No-rest upper body workout will shred your chest, back, shoulders, and arms. H-E-L-L-O muscle definition!
Pilates Fix Extreme: Uses a resistance band for every exercise and places emphasis on the core. DO NOT underestimate the power of a resistance band!!
Lower Fix Extreme: 30 minutes of challenging lower body work that will get your glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves a GREAT workout!
Cardio Fix Extreme: Weighted cardio moves and traditional metabolic training intervals that will keep your heart soaring!
Dirty 30 Extreme: 7 compound moves focusing on multiple body parts at a time.  You will burn lots of calories while defining your muscles.
Yoga Fix Extreme:  A fast-paced yoga class combining strength, balance, flexibility, and power. 
10 Minute Hardcore: An ab-shredding workout that utilizes a single dumbbell to increase intensity, which will carve out lean, ripped abs. DEFINITELY effective!


Ok, now on to nutrition!  Did you know that your nutrition is about 80% of your results?  That's right!  You can work your tail off at the gym or with a home fitness program but if you aren't controlling what's going in your mouth, then you are wasting your time.  You will not see the results that you are hoping for.  Nine times out of ten, if someone comes to me saying they don't understand why they didn't lose weight, it comes down to nutrition.  So, here is the plan that I followed for Week 2 of the 21 Day Fix Extreme.
21 Day Fix Extreme, 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Workouts, 21 Day Fix Extreme Workouts, 21 Day Fix Extreme Meal Plan, Meal Planning
21 Day Fix Extreme Meal Plan
21 Day Fix Extreme, 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Workouts, 21 Day Fix Extreme Workouts, 21 Day Fix Extreme Meal Plan, Meal Planning
Shakeology
As usual, I keep it simple.  I don't have time, just like many others, to have something totally different each day for all of my meals.   Plus, it is economically smart to eat some of the same foods throughout the week.  One of the hiccups I had in my plan is the fact that we celebrated my daughter's fifth birthday on Sunday!  Yes, there was cake (cupcakes to be exact) but those weren't really tempting.  What WAS tempting were the pretzels and chips and a couple other sweets that were on the counter!  I did indulge in a small amount of treats and then left it at that.  
In addition to the temptations on Sunday, Tuesday was a tough day as well!  Tuesday was my daughter's official birthday so we did her favorites: went to the Children's Museum and to Build a Bear.  That meant that we were out of town for the day.  While many people would use that as an excuse to just pick up some fast food or eat whatever they could find, I did not!  What I DID do was drink my Shakeology in the morning, had a baggie of celery/natural Peanut Butter and carrots in the car, brought an apple, walnuts, and Greek Yogurt for lunch, and had another shake as my afternoon snack!  Overall, I did great and didn't even get off track!  Why?  Because I PLANNED AHEAD.  I can not stress the importance of planning ahead! It will leave you feeling so much better about your choices. And quite frankly, having something like Shakeology is the epitome of convenience!  Seriously, a delicious milkshake tasting shake that provides me with my daily dose of nutrients while giving me energy and curbing my cravings. It really doesn't get any better!


If you notice in my meal plan, I did try something new.  The 21 Day Fix Extreme book had a recipe for Peanut Butter and Strawberry Oatmeal. That combination didn't sound very appealing to me, but I gave it a try anyways.  OMG am I glad I did!!! It was SOOOOO good!  It's not something I would want every day because I like to use my yellow container elsewhere; however, it's definitely something that I plan to have weekly.  You should totally try it!
21 Day Fix Extreme, 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Workouts, 21 Day Fix Extreme Workouts, 21 Day Fix Extreme Meal Plan, Meal Planning
21 Day Fix Extreme Recipes

So, overall I am extremely happy with how the 21 Day Fix Extreme is going for me.  I am about 7 weeks away from a Beachbody trip to Cancun, Mexico so I am trying to stay super focused!  I would LOVE for you to join me in my next Pick Your Fix Accountability Group!  Preseason week begins on Monday, March 9th.  Throughout the first week everyone will set goals, take measurements, learn about Shakeology, and I will then provide the support to guide you through the meal planning process of the 21 Day Fix or 21 Day Fix Extreme.  Then, we begin the program!  My groups run through a closed Facebook group so only the members of the group can see what is being posted. It's a safe place to go for that extra support, accountability, and motivation to keep you on track with your goals. 

**Please Note:  These groups are provided free of charge for my customers, Coaches, and their customers.  So, if you are not already actively working with a coach, fill out and submit the form before to reserve your spot!!

21 Day Fix Extreme, 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Workouts, 21 Day Fix Extreme Workouts, 21 Day Fix Extreme Meal Plan, Meal Planning
21 Day Fix Accountability Groups


21 Day Fix Extreme, 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Workouts, 21 Day Fix Extreme Workouts, 21 Day Fix Extreme Meal Plan, Meal Planning


Online contact and registration forms from Wufoo.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,