I decided to stray away from my usual veggies and egg whites this morning to give this new 21 Day Fix Extreme oatmeal a try. I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal and to be honest, when I read peanut butter and strawberries together it didn't sound all that appealing to me. I saw some other people posting about how good it was and decided, why not give it a try?! I am so glad I did because it was absolutely delicious!!! It is definitely going to be a part of my weekly meal plans!
21 Day Fixers, this is 1 YELLOW, 1 PURPLE and 1 TSP.
|PB and Strawberry Oatmeal|
- 1 cup water
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats (if following the original 21 Day Fix you could use Old Fashioned Oats)
- 1 tsp all natural peanut butter (no added sugar!)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk (optional - I did not need it)
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Bring water and salt to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low.
- Add oats and cook, stirring frequently for about 15 or so minutes, or until water is just absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and mix well. If oatmeal is too thick, you can add the almond milk.
- Top with strawberries!
I know many people are in a time crunch in the morning, so, I actually ended up putting my oats and water in a bowl and microwaving it for about 1-2 minutes. It still tasted great!!