Turkey Lettuce Wraps

Yep! I'm bringing you another 21 Day Fix Extreme recipe!  Seriously, every single recipe I have tried in this Eating Plan book has been delicious!  I know I said this with the turkey meatballs, but I was NEVER a fan of ground turkey. I just couldn't acquire a taste to it. I eat so much chicken that I really wanted to get some other meat source (aside from red meat) so I decided that I would try some of these ground turkey recipes and see how it goes. I am certainly not disappointed!  I am finding that I just never had the right mix of seasonings to make it good!  Well, I have found yet another great one to add to my list!  I actually made this on Sunday and stored it in a container for the week.  Each day for lunch I pull it out, scoop out my portion, heat it up, top it on a large piece of Romaine lettuce and I am all set!   I love that I don't have to think about what I am eating each day for lunch and that I really have very minimal prep each day! It's worth the 20 minutes that it took to make on Sunday!

21 Day Fix Recipes, 21 Day Fix Extreme Recipes, Turkey Lettuce Wraps, Clean Eating
Turkey Lettuce Wrap


 (This make 6 lettuce wraps.)
 Ingredients:
* 1 1/2 lbs. raw lean ground turkey breast (at least 93% lean)
* 1 tsp. garlic powder
* 1 tsp. ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp. sea salt
* 1/2 tsp dried oregano
* 1 tsp. chili powder
* 1 tsp. paprika
* 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
* 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped (I also used 1/2 red bell pepper)
* 3/4 cup water
* 3/4 cup tomato sauce, no sugar added (4oz)
* 1 large lettuce leaf, washed, and dried (per serving)
* 1 medium tomato, chopped
* 1 cup fresh cilantro 

Directions:
  1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.  Add the turkey and cook, stirring frequently until no longer pink.
  2. Add the garlic powder, cumin, salt, chili powder, paprika, and oregano.  Mix well.
  3. Add the onion and bell pepper.  Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is translucent. 
  4. Add water and tomato sauce.  Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low.  Cook, covered, for about 10-12 minutes.  
  5. Top each lettuce leaf evenly with turkey mixture and top with tomato and cilantro. 

Each lettuce leaf would equal a red and green 21 Day Fix / Extreme container.

If you wanted, you could add a yellow container by putting the mixture on a 100% whole wheat tortilla, or, you could keep it on the lettuce leaf and add a yellow container of black beans!  

Enjoy! 


Labels: , , , , , , ,