Yep! I'm bringing you another 21 Day Fix Extreme recipe! Seriously, every single recipe I have tried in this Eating Plan book has been delicious! I know I said this with the turkey meatballs, but I was NEVER a fan of ground turkey. I just couldn't acquire a taste to it. I eat so much chicken that I really wanted to get some other meat source (aside from red meat) so I decided that I would try some of these ground turkey recipes and see how it goes. I am certainly not disappointed! I am finding that I just never had the right mix of seasonings to make it good! Well, I have found yet another great one to add to my list! I actually made this on Sunday and stored it in a container for the week. Each day for lunch I pull it out, scoop out my portion, heat it up, top it on a large piece of Romaine lettuce and I am all set! I love that I don't have to think about what I am eating each day for lunch and that I really have very minimal prep each day! It's worth the 20 minutes that it took to make on Sunday!
|Turkey Lettuce Wrap|
(This make 6 lettuce wraps.)
* 1 1/2 lbs. raw lean ground turkey breast (at least 93% lean)
* 1 tsp. garlic powder
* 1 tsp. ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp. sea salt
* 1/2 tsp dried oregano
* 1 tsp. chili powder
* 1 tsp. paprika
* 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
* 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped (I also used 1/2 red bell pepper)
* 3/4 cup water
* 3/4 cup tomato sauce, no sugar added (4oz)
* 1 large lettuce leaf, washed, and dried (per serving)
* 1 medium tomato, chopped
* 1 cup fresh cilantro
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey and cook, stirring frequently until no longer pink.
- Add the garlic powder, cumin, salt, chili powder, paprika, and oregano. Mix well.
- Add the onion and bell pepper. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add water and tomato sauce. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for about 10-12 minutes.
- Top each lettuce leaf evenly with turkey mixture and top with tomato and cilantro.
Each lettuce leaf would equal a red and green 21 Day Fix / Extreme container.
If you wanted, you could add a yellow container by putting the mixture on a 100% whole wheat tortilla, or, you could keep it on the lettuce leaf and add a yellow container of black beans!
Labels: 21 Day Fix Extreme Recipes, 21 Day Fix Recipes, Clean Eating, Healthy Dinner Ideas, Healthy lunch ideas, Lisa Decker, Successfully Fit, Turkey Lettuce Wraps