This recipe came from the 21 Day Fix Extreme Eating plan and let me just tell you, they are sooooo good!! I've been looking for ways to get my protein in that don't always involve eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, and chicken. Well, I've found it! You can actually eat 5 of these for 1 protein serving, or 1 red container. They do count as 1/2 of a yellow container as well. I had them yesterday and today for lunch and they were definitely fulfilling!
* Nonstick cooking spray
* 1 1/2 lbs. raw 93% lean ground turkey breast
* 1 tsp. sea salt
* 1 tsp. dry mustard
* 1 tsp. smoked paprika
* 1 large egg, lightly beaten
* 3/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats
* 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I used minced garlic)
* 12 fresh parsley springs, finely chopped
* 2 Tbsp. tomato sauce, no sugar added
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Lightly coat large baking sheet with spray and set aside.
- Combine turkey, salt, mustard, paprika, egg, oats, garlic, parsley, and tomato sauce in a large bowl and mix well by hand.
- Roll mixture into 30 1-inch meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until they are no longer pink in the middle.
**These can also be easily stored in the freezer for future use!