I have to admit, when I first came across this recipe in the 21 Day Fix Extreme book, I was a bit hesitant. We aren't huge ground turkey fans, although we have been expanding our taste buds with some different ground turkey seasonings. I was pleasantly surprised after trying this. It was really good and also made for great leftovers! In fact, I ended up crumbling up the leftovers to use on top of some salads for lunch the rest of the week! If you are following the 21 Day Fix program, this counts a 1 red, 1/2 purple, and 1/2 yellow per serving (see below for serving size).
This recipe makes 8 servings with 1/8 meatloaf each.
* 2 lbs raw 93% lean ground turkey
* 1 cup all-natural mild salsa
* 1 cup COOKED quinoa, cooled
* 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I used minced garlic)
* 1 tsp sea salt
* 1 tsp ground black pepper
* 1 tsp fresh chopped parsley (for garnish)
1. Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine turkey, salsa, quinoa, eggs, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well by hand or with a rubber spatula.
3. Shape mixture into a shape of a loaf and place in an ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan.
4. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until the center is no longer pink and meat is cooked through.
5. Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
6. Serve garnished with parsley.
I used the leftover quinoa and mixed veggies to serve mine with. It was delicious!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!