My family likes yams / sweet potatoes and to be honest, we used to eat them with a ton of butter and brown sugar. Of course they are still good that way, I knew that we needed a healthier alternative if we would be eating them every or every other week. So, I usually just cook them plain and add a touch of cinnamon. I came across this recipe on the Team Beachbody blog; however, I adapted it because the original recipe is for 2-2 1/2 pounds of potatoes, which is WAY more than we eat!
We all really liked this new recipe and will definitely be using it in the future!
Check it out and give it a try! Let me know what you think!
* 4 medium sized yams
* 1 tsp sea salt, divided use
* 1 tsp grated orange peel
* 1 Tbsp 100% orange juice
* 1 Tbsp butter, melted
* 1 Tbsp. raw honey (or maple syrup)
* ½ tsp. ground black pepper
* ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
* ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Arrange yams in glass baking dish. Season evenly with ¼ tsp. salt. Set aside.
3. Combine orange peel, orange juice, lemon juice, butter, and honey in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
4. Pour orange juice mixture over yams; toss to coat.
5. Sprinkle evenly with remaining ¾ tsp. salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
6. Bake yams, stirring occasionally, for 40 to 50 minutes, or until fork tender.