We are typically a "chicken for dinner" family; however, I DO like to switch things up a bit. So, last night we had this slow cooker balsamic pork roast and boy was it good! I'm typically not a pork fan; however, I LOVE balsamic vinegar so I figured this would be good! I actually made this quite some time ago and never blogged about it, resulting in me forgetting about it! The hubby especially loved it!
This recipe was actually shared with me by a friend but I noticed that it is also on the Skinny Taste website so that may have been were it originated from.
|Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork Roast|
- 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder roast (sirloin roast)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar - I used a little extra ;)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
1. Season the pork with garlic powder and red pepper flakes then place in slow cooker.
2. Mix the broth and vinegar and pour over pork.
3. Add the honey on top.
4. Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours. I personally cooked mine for about 7 and it was perfect!
Tip: When transferring to a plate, use the extra juice to pour over top. It will taste delicious and stay moist!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!