Fish Sticks

I will openly admit that cooking seafood just isn't my thing.  No matter what the recipe, it's usually a epic fail.  In fact, you'll notice on my blog that I have very little fish/seafood recipes on there!  So, since it is Ash Wednesday and Lent has begun, I am facing the whole "no meat" thing for a while.  I figured I'd make an attempt tonight at a new recipe.  My husband wasn't real thrilled when I told him I was trying a new fish recipe for dinner ;) 

MUCH to my surprise, we ALL loved it!! A fellow challenger recommended it in a group of mine and it came from the skinnytaste.com website.  So, I certainly can't take credit for it! 

Give it a try and let me know what you think! 


healthy fish sticks, clean eating recipes, meal planning, fish recipes, cod recipes
Fish Sticks


Fish Sticks:

For the crumbs:

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 450°F and adjust the rack to the center position. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with oil.
2. Slice the fish crosswise into 2-inch long strips, about 1-inch wide.

3. Combine egg whites, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
4. In a second bowl combine the Panko crumbs with Old Bay seasoning, dried parsley and remaining paprika.

5. Pat fish dry with paper towels and dip the fish into the egg mixture, then into crumbs, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Spray the top of the fish with oil and bake until the crumbs are golden and the fish is cooked through, about 12 minutes, or until the crumbs are golden and the fish is cooked through. 

That's it!!  I served them with a side of green beans and some brown rice. 

Enjoy! 

Labels: , , , , , ,