Good Evening! I posted a picture of my DELICIOUS looking Chicken Pot Pie the other day and have had some requests for the recipe. So, I thought I'd get it up on my blog so I could get it out there! I want to first note that this recipe is not something that I created. I found it on the Team Beachbody Blog (which has AWESOME recipes) and made a couple of tweaks to fit my family. It does have a few extra steps and ingredients than I prefer but it was well worth it! The leftovers were immediately claimed by my husband!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
|Chicken Pot Pie|
Ingredients (makes 6 servings at 1 cup per serving)
- 6 tsp olive oil, divided use
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups of baby carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat 2% milk
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup cubed sweet potatoes
- 3 cups cubed chicken breast
- 6 sheets phyllo dough (thawed)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Heat 2 tsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery and carrots; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add 1 tsp. oil; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add flour; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until flour and oil form a paste.
- Slowly add milk, broth, salt, pepper, and thyme. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add peas, sweet potatoes, and chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Place chicken mixture in a 2½-quart baking dish. Set aside.
- Roll out phyllo dough on counter. Keeping the original stack covered, remove one sheet at a time and quickly brush with remaining 3 tsp. oil. Cut oiled stack of phyllo into quarters. Place phyllo loosely on top of chicken mixture; covering evenly.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken mixture is bubbling and phyllo dough is golden brown.
For those following the portion containers, one serving of this recipe counts as 1 1/2 yellow, 1 green, 1/2 red (depending on how much chicken you scoop out for yourself) and 1 tsp.