Gingerbread Pancakes

We are a pancake family. I swear my kids could eat pancakes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  While I do buy the whole wheat pancakes, there's nothing better than making them from scratch.  I was reading the new issue of my Clean Eating magazine and came across these Gingerbread Pancakes.  I immediately knew I wanted to give them a try this morning.  As I suspected, they were a hit, even with the hubby!  
gingerbread pancakes, pancake recipe, whole wheat pancakes, clean eating, healthy eating, breakfast recipes, meal planning, 21 day fix approved pancakes, successfully fit, Lisa Decker
Gingerbread Pancakes
Ingredients:
 
Directions: 
  1. Combine all dry ingredients and mix well in a large mixing bowl. 
  2. Add 2 cups of plain unsweetened almond milk; mix well.
  3. In a large nonstick griddle (or skillet), heat 1/2 tsp of grape seed or coconut oil. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop pancakes onto griddle (or skillet).  Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles form in the batter then flip and cook for an additional minute or so until the pancake is golden brown.  
  4. Repeat step 3 with remaining oil and batter. 
  5. Serve pancakes with 1/2 tsp of maple syrup and top with berries of your choice! 

Gift Idea:  Mix together all of the dry ingredients and transfer them into an 8-oz glass mason jar. Get a cute card to attach and include the directions on how to make them! (No, that wasn't my idea. It also came from the Clean Eating Magazine!)  


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,