Tips for Getting Over the Roadblocks and Back on Track

Happy Wednesday!! It's been a while since I did a progress update so here I am to blog about what's been going on!  After a solid round of Core De Force I decided to go a second round but with the deluxe version.  Within the second round I hit some roadblocks.  Between my daughter having surgery and myself being a bit under the weather, I had some missed workouts and not so stellar nutrition.   When roadblocks come my way I know I have 2 choices.  Continue doing what I've been doing or move on.  I'm sure it's no surprise to hear that I am choosing to MOVE ON!

Let's face it.  A LOT, and I mean A LOT of people hit roadblocks.  Between sicknesses, family emergencies, parties, and everything in between, it's EASY to get off the "healthy" track.  And you know what?  A lot of people don't tend to get back on.  Why?  In my opinion, a lot of it comes down to accountability.  I'm sure you've noticed a decrease already in gym parking lots. It's February and while the gyms were PACKED this time a month ago,  not so much anymore.

So if you are in the same boat as many others, if you've lost your motivation, and if you aren't sure how to get yourself back on track, check out my tips on how I am rebounding and refocusing. 

Motivation, Tips for Getting Motivated, Tips for Getting Back on Track, 21 Day Fix, Beachbody on Demand, Priorities, Meal Planning, Home Fitness, Water Intake, Accountability, Successfully Fit, Lisa Decker
21 Day Fix Deluxe
→For starters, I have decided to set aside one of my favorite programs, Core De Force, and move on to something different. As much as I LOVE Core De Force I felt like switching things up would not only help with motivation, but also work my body differently.  I'm only a few days in and I was right. This is exactly what I needed!  So, what am I doing?  I've decide to move back to the one and only, 21 Day Fix. I haven't done this program in a long time (probably over 2 years!) but I do prefer to switch back and forth from programs that use weights.  BUT.....this time around I am incorporating the deluxe and remix workouts! So, it's like a whole new program!   Honestly, if you feel stuck with your workouts, just suck it up and make a change.  All programs work your body differently and sometimes we just need to have a change in programs to help get us re-motivated.

*What am I talking about?  Well, Autumn Calabrese released 2 additional deluxe workouts as well as 2 "remix" workouts that can be incorporated within the program!!  How do you access it?  Simple! Beachbody on Demand!   I didn't have to make any additional purchases and I've got 4 new workouts to incorporate in to a program I already have.

Motivation, Tips for Getting Motivated, Tips for Getting Back on Track, 21 Day Fix, Beachbody on Demand, Priorities, Meal Planning, Home Fitness, Water Intake, Accountability, Successfully Fit, Lisa Decker
Meal Planning

→ Meal Planning:  I should actually say, STICKING with my meal plan.  Meal Planning is something that I have been doing weekly for a few years now. If I don't have time to do a plan, I pull out a past plan and go with that!  One of my issues lately; however, has been following the plan I make.  Sure, things come up but that hasn't really been my problem. Those handfuls of fish crackers, cheese-its, lattes, or some treats here and there really do add up.  I don't binge on junk every day but lately I've been having one {or two} too many slip ups.  SO, I am on a mission to stick with my plan!!And speaking of plans, here is my meal plan for the week!  It's Wednesday and so far I've been great!
Motivation, Tips for Getting Motivated, Tips for Getting Back on Track, 21 Day Fix, Beachbody on Demand, Priorities, Meal Planning, Home Fitness, Water Intake, Accountability, Successfully Fit, Lisa Decker, 21 Day Fix Meal Plan
21 Day Fix Meal Plan























Meal planning is a VITAL factor when it comes to staying on track.  You can absolutely wing it every day when it comes to the foods you eat but you are much more likely to grab foods that are not going to give you the results you are looking for.   So, the 30-40 minutes it may take to figure out my meals for the week is certainly worth it.


Motivation, Tips for Getting Motivated, Tips for Getting Back on Track, 21 Day Fix, Beachbody on Demand, Priorities, Meal Planning, Home Fitness, Water Intake, Accountability, Successfully Fit, Lisa Decker
Shakeology
→  Shakeology.  Yes, I'm going to say it. Shakeology  has helped me in SO many ways these past 3
1/2 years!  It has ensured that I am getting my daily nutrients. It has given me natural energy, curbed my cravings, boosted my immune system,helped with digestion and so much more.  Yes, it does cost money and yes, it is worth it IF you are serious about making a healthy lifestyle change. I say all the time that people don't bat an eyelash when it comes to spending over $4.00 for a latte at Starbucks so why is spending just over $4.00 a lot for a shake that actually serves a purpose within your body? I don't think twice every single morning when I get up and make my shake.  I look forward to it every single day and have never once regretted my decision to continue on with it!  It is a party of my lifestyle as much as eating healthy and exercising is. 


Motivation, Tips for Getting Motivated, Tips for Getting Back on Track, 21 Day Fix, Beachbody on Demand, Priorities, Meal Planning, Home Fitness, Water Intake, Accountability, Successfully Fit, Lisa Decker
Drink your Water!
→ Water intake!  This is a big one and many people don't realize it!  Drinking water is SUPER important to your health.  It relieves fatigue, improves your mood, flushes out toxins, helps digestion and even helps with weight loss (just to name a few benefits).  You should be drinking 1/2 of your body weight in ounces PER DAY.  For those of us who are experiencing Winter weather, drinking water can be tough! I know my intake has decreased a bit this past month so I'm being much more cognizant of keeping my water bottle full and drinking enough. To help with that I have also decided to run a FREE 5 day water challenge so that anyone else who is struggling with this can improve as well!  We are going to begin on Monday Feb 6th and event details are coming!


Motivation, Tips for Getting Motivated, Tips for Getting Back on Track, 21 Day Fix, Beachbody on Demand, Priorities, Meal Planning, Home Fitness, Water Intake, Accountability, Successfully Fit, Lisa Decker
Home Fitness
→ Prioritizing my time. This is a bit of a different tip.  I ALWAYS hear a common phrase when I chat with people about eating healthy and exercising.  And that phrase is "I don't have time."  People "don't have time" to meal plan. They "don't have time" to exercise.  They "don't have time" to devote to themselves.  This may be a bit of tough love, but there are NEVER going to be enough hours in the day!  How many times have you thought to yourself "I wish I had a few extra hours."  Here's my tip.  Prioritize your day on what HAS to get done while you are home.  If you work long hours, have you considered waking up an hour earlier?  If you tend to sit on the couch and watch TV for an hour or so in the evenings, have you considered using that time to work out?  If you like to relax on the weekends, have you considered taking 15 minutes each day to plan your meals for the week so it doesn't feel like it takes so long in one sitting?  Believe me, I was the QUEEN of the "I don't have time" excuse.  It wasn't until I sat down and figured out a NEW daily routine to implement and sure enough, it worked!   And guess what...kids are not an excuse!!  You CAN work out when the kids are home even if they are young!  They will adjust if you are consistent AND you are setting a positive example!


Motivation, Tips for Getting Motivated, Tips for Getting Back on Track, 21 Day Fix, Beachbody on Demand, Priorities, Meal Planning, Home Fitness, Water Intake, Accountability, Successfully Fit, Lisa Decker
Beachbody on Demand
→ Accountability! Although accountability isn't a big issue for me, it is for many others. It is so much easier to stay on track when you have someone, or a group of people, holding you accountable!  If you are trying to implement these healthy lifestyle changes on your own, it's SO easy to skip workouts, grab something unhealthy, have an extra treat, etc.  Because let's face it, who's going to know?!  So how do you solve this problem? First, talk with your spouse, significant other, roommate, whoever you live with and explain the changes you are making. Ask him/her to help hold you accountable! I know when I first started making changes I had my husband hide his potato chips until I could get a better handle on my willpower.  Also, join a group!  Something that I do as a Coach is run online accountability groups. Throughout my groups I teach about meal planning, provide my plans, provide 24/7 support, motivation, and accountability in to reaching your goals.  While there are some small requirements, having a group of like-minded women who are pushing for the same healthy lifestyle can make a world of difference.


A lot of times when it comes down to it, this whole transition is a mindset shift.  Something that helps me is reading or listening to some personal development.  Getting in the right frame of mind to make big life changes is key.  It can be a negative world out there and staying positive, optimistic, and enjoying life can make for a better overall environment.  
Motivation, Tips for Getting Motivated, Tips for Getting Back on Track, 21 Day Fix, Beachbody on Demand, Priorities, Meal Planning, Home Fitness, Water Intake, Accountability, Successfully Fit, Lisa Decker


I hope my tips have helped you shed some light on your situation!  If you are interested in joining one of my upcoming groups get in touch with me at lisamariedecker@yahoo.com or fill out the application below!



Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,